The Wyoming State Archives exists to ensure that all Wyoming citizens have ready access to the records documenting Wyoming’s history and governmental functions.
We are the official repository for the Wyoming State Government’s permanent records as well as home to many county and municipal department records from across the state.
The Archives also cares for a large collection of papers and documents donated by individuals and a number of state and local organizations.
Topics and record types include:
- Prominent & pioneering citizens
- Vital records (birth, marriage, divorce & death certificates)
- Crime & criminals
- Local clubs & organizations
- Wyoming high school transcripts
- Court records
- State and local histories
- Much, much more!
Just a note…
This page is intended to serve as a mechanism for communication between the public and the Wyoming State Archives to promote interest in the history of Wyoming and to make the materials in our collection more approachable and accessible. While we wish to facilitate community discussion, we do not intend this page to become a promotional site for politics, publications or merchandise sold for commercial gain.
The Fine Print…
The comments expressed on this site by non-administrator commentators do not necessarily reflect the official views of the Wyoming State Archives. Comments posted to this page will be monitored during regular business hours. Any comments submitted to this page and its list of fans are public records subject to disclosure pursuant to the Wyoming Public Records Act. (http://legisweb.state.wy.us/statutes/statutes.aspx?file=titles/Title16/T16CH4AR2.htm)
The Wyoming State Archives reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments containing, but not limited to, the following types of content:
- Vulgar, profane or offensive language and sexual content or links to sexual content
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, military status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation
- Spam or solicitations of commerce
- Content that advocates illegal activity
- Endorsement or advertisement of a vendor’s products or services
- Content that supports or opposes current political views, campaigns or ballot measures